Coffee can provide both good health benefits and bad ones depending on how much you drink it, but it’s also possible to make a cup of coffee that is super healthy. Even better add a healthy activity such as yoga into your daily routine and suddenly the zip you get from your coffee transfers across to your yoga practice. Together they form a powerful alliance against the winter colds and flus. If you are a bit concerned for your health because you are drinking multiple cups of coffee on a daily basis, then the best thing you can do is cut down on the amount you drink. But if that is not an option for you and you are not willing to consider it, have a look at the following ways you can make your coffee super healthy and thus provide you with a healthier lifestyle:
- Cinnamon addition – Simply adding a dash of cinnamon to any cup of coffee can not only help in making a coffee taste even better, but it also provides multiple health benefits in terms of lowering blood glucose and cholesterol. Adding cinnamon is such a simple way of making coffee taste great and it provides a couple of additional health benefits along the way.
- Drink coffee only before a certain time – This all depends on what time you get up in the morning and what time you get your head down. If you go to sleep early to get up early, you will likely only want to drink coffee up until 2pm, which will then give you 7-8 hours of time for the caffeine to die down and thus give you a much better sleep. If you drink coffee all hours then you will find it very hard to get any sleep and that will of course have an adverse effect on your life in general.
- Less sugar – Depending on your tastes, it’s always nice to add some sugar to your coffee to sweeten it up a little, but it’s always wise to keep it limited or don’t use it at all. Sugar is one of the worst ingredients when it comes to health these days and it can be the cause of many diseases – the most common being diabetes. Many people might substitute a sugar for a sweetener but again, it’s important to not overdo it as sweeteners also provide a few health flaws.
- Stick to an organic brand – You will find there are loads of coffee brands to choose from when buying coffee beans and depending on your tastes will depend on how healthy your coffee is. You will be able to buy coffee that is organic and thus much healthier than using coffee beans from a brand that concentrates on your taste buds only. Organic coffee is definitely the way forward to a healthy lifestyle instead of drinking coffee that isn’t very user friendly.
After you’ve made your coffee healthy, then its time to do some healthy yoga practices including:
- Praying mantis pose stimulates increased digestion and helps to move any toxins in your body through the lower intestines and flushed out through your system.
- Shining moon pose stretches your core muscles and again stimulates your endocrine system to work more efficiently and help dispose of unwanted toxins.
- Finally the downward dog pose is great to do after a good coffee, it pushes the caffeine through your system and eliminates it before it can have too much of an effect on your system
I have certainly found that I don’t have to give up my morning coffee just because I also want to do more normal yoga workout. In fact it some ways it has enhanced my practice making me feel more energised and focused than I sometimes am at 5am in the morning. All I need is my landscape themed yoga mat i got from harmony yoga mats and my extra thick towel and my cup of joe, and the world is good again. In fact I’ver found that my friends and I are even more productive when we combine the two in the morning, who says we can’t have it all !